Does anyone follow deities within the Celtic pantheon as well as within the Norse pantheon?
I’m incredibly drawn to both and it’s becoming frustrating to me, simply because I feel like others will look down on my for it or something weird like that.
I think I’m so drawn to each of them equally because that’s where my heritage is. Not that this means you can’t be drawn to them if your heritage isn’t of these groups. I just mean that because my family means so much to me and my ancestors are so important to me, I’m just automatically drawn to these pantheons.
I’ve been approached by deities on both sides. Cernunnos and the Morrigan for the Celtic side then Loki (and Fenrir…but I’m conflicted on this part because my understanding is people really try to stay away from Fenrir, I do get why as I know the myths but they stay away from Loki as well and I just don’t know) from the Norse side.
I need to get over worrying about what others will think. It’s my beliefs and UPG, this is my practice so it doesn’t matter what others will think.
I feel like others will see this as conflicting while I see it as a perfect mesh. Apparently these two cultures lived closer to each other than I previously thought so maybe it isn’t so odd.
What would you even call yourself?
Edit: Ok, not so conflicted on the Fenrir part. People generally have the same feelings about Loki and while I’ve had crazy experiences with him, they’ve been good. Chaotic but good.
Oh and I’m not new to any of this, I just don’t really talk about it much. I talked about Loki pretty openly for a while but stopped as people seem to not particularly like him.
Loki actually came into my life before Cernunnos did but I ran away from him…seriously. It scared me at the time because so many people were more for Odin or Thor so I was confused. Loki came back after I realized how stupid that was.
Fenrir has always been at the back of my mind though, sitting there and waiting. It’s an unsettling feeling but comfortable. I remember the first time I ever heard about him when I was a very young child. He became a huge fascination for me.
Wow, maybe I’ve actually been a Pagan longer than I realized, longer than 10 years. Interesting.
- thegoddessmacha likes this
- carpe-noct3m reblogged this from nokturnel
- star-weaver reblogged this from nokturnel and added:
- satsekhem reblogged this from achangingaltar and added:
- achangingaltar reblogged this from urban-pooka and added:
- theemperorsfeather reblogged this from nokturnel
- urban-pooka likes this
- childofthefoxes likes this
- starsinyourwake likes this
- littledannyboyle likes this
- bellonanj73 reblogged this from urban-pooka and added:
- ratha-firesong likes this
- nokturnel likes this
- falconfriend reblogged this from urban-pooka and added:
- beneaththedolmen likes this
- esoterica-poetica likes this
- ladyoftheweald likes this
- phairat said: Not sure if you’re looking for feedback, but I would say be careful of course but definitely be receptive to influences - even if they are unusual or unpredictable - as long as you are not put in danger. Just a quick thought.
- phairat likes this
- nokturnel posted this